5/21/2012 Dream

Monday, May 21, 2012
I was at my grandmothers house. It was only me and my father. We were navigating her dark trailer and he was rushing me. I was wearing layers of clothes which looked like a black and white corset  onsomble. They were tight and uncomfortable, cutting at my arms and legs, I felt cramped in the narrow halls of the trailer. My father was speaking to me. Said something like...Don't you know it's the aniversary. Don't you care. From this i understood it was the aniversary of my grandfathers death. What we were getting ready and rushed for had something to do about that. he opened the backdoor and pulled his truck around. I needed to change because my pants had shrunk so much it felt like I was only in my panties. The trailer was getting darker and I had to feel my way to my old childhood room. The door was getting stuck on the high carpet and things behind blocked the door. I wiggle through the narrow opening, getting frustrated of having no room. Suddenly I outside fo my grandmothers trailer, in the bright sun on top of a hill I played on as a child. There was a layout of all my funiture and dirty clothes from my dorm room around me. Near an old tree I feel that there are people to ignore. I assume they are the neighbors black children all coming closer and stairing. I am suddenly ashamed of my tight binding clothes and pantslessness. I find a pair of dark denim shorts and quickly put them on. I begin to walk to my fathers truck. Underfoot the grass feels prickly like untamed meadow. As lightly as I can and quickly, I sprint down hill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment