School for Zombies

Sunday, May 25, 2014
I’m in an empty large and old room. This is my home I have been squatting in for some time. The story goes that I once lived here my first year of college. There on the other side was a made bed for an old roommate I had. There were no more rooms at the dorm so we were given a deal to live inside this old school. The school was outdoors, with a courtyard in the middle and each door lead to other classrooms. I wasn’t afraid at night, with the creaking and the howling wind. I was skipping work today but I put on my uniform. I was walking about to explore when a coworker rounded the corner with a school principal. I turned tail hoping to look to be busy as well, but he caught me and asked for me to deliver something to my other coworker. I said yes then breathed a sigh of relief when they went into a room. Then when passing the courtyard, the coworker meant for the delivery came out with more officials, talking about wiring the network. I panic that they’ll see where I live so I return to the door and peek in. My bed and clothes has been pushed by old tables and chairs, no one’s caught on they were my things.
Later that evening all the teachers and faculty have gathered in my room, as it was the largest space and the cleanest. I was in charge of setting up a projector for a film they needed to watch against the wall. While they watched there film, dusk was fatly approaching.  I stepped outside for a breath of fresh air. Over to my right I saw a glimpse of something blue. It almost becomes a nightmare. On top of the stairs in a figure in a large blue coat standing and staring, I turn and down the other hall is another figure, wearing a white shirt. Huge balding men, they both lunge, and my instinct was the rush the one on top of the stairs. He saw me coming and began to run.  Around winding corner we go, and I am thinking, these are the ghosts they live him. I cut off the man in the blue coat and suddenly he fades into an aging old man, transparent and blue. He asks if I am scared of him, and I saw of course not.
We are talking about the school grounds, how it was a tragedy which causes its demise and beneath us hundreds are buried. I thought it was such a silly thing to have built a school on top of a graveyard. As we are talking I notice shambling figures appearing around us. The full moon was high in the sky and suddenly my ghostly friend in the moonlight turned into a zombie as well. He said as long as I was near him I would not be hurt. A panicked small man suddenly rounded the corner and bumped into us. It was my manager, but he was young with long hair and dress like Carl Sagan. His eyes were wide and he saw my zombie friend and tried to grab my arm for us to run. I said no stay calm; you won’t be hurt if you are with us. My zombie friend, manager and I were getting pushed in by the crowd to the entrance of the auditorium. After the close knit shuffling and pushing, my manager felt he couldn’t stand it any longer. He ran forward away from us and tripped, zombies swarmed him and ate him before my eyes, and I screamed “No! Stop them!” but it was too late. We all were in a large hall way shuffling towards double doors.
Lights flashed and gun shots rang through the corridor. I looked closer through the doors and on the other side was mean in swat gear, waiting for the mob and had zombies piling up at their feet. I believed they would kill my friend so I took his arm and drug him against the wall. Suddenly doors to the outside beside the swat men opened. They were gunned down and men in electricians uniform stormed in shooting the zombies and police, and their leader was Mail my ex coworker who was fired. I exclaimed his name and asked what he was doing. He responded it was going to take this for himself. He aimed at my zombie friend ready to fire.
Out of nowhere a Viking axe lodged into the side of his head. A Viking horde iron clad and furs stormed between the zombies and now fought the electricians. Their Nordic raw shook the floor. I no longer could stand out position at the bottom of these stairs in the hall way. I grabbed my zombie friend and we pushed up through the chaos and back outside but outside no longer were outdoors, it was an in closed and beautiful hall way like outside of a grand theater. Sneaking around the edge of the walls were black robed figures, ninjas, here to kill the Vikings. Because my zombie friend was no longer in danger I let him go for him to hide. But I wanted to see inside the auditorium, so I borrowed a throwing star off of a ninja’s belt, and cut through a mesh vent opening to inside the grand theater. It had red velvet chairs and a high curtained stage. There wasn’t fighting anymore from what I could hear inside. I decided I will buy the school for myself.

The grounds where right beside my grandfather’s car lot. I needed to ask if the old school belong to the city or college so walked into my grandfather’s office. There sat a plump black lady counting money and another black women standing. I looked as if I had been through hell, and they didn’t look impressed. So I asked them the question. They said this land here is part of the other land, but they won’t go near it because it’s haunted. I realized what this means, I had inherited the school all along. I was excited because I would clean it up and let all the super natural guests now have a real home.  They looked widened and asked; you know it’s haunted right. And I said Oh you mean the ghosts? I’m met them one was the school janitor and the other was the matinance man. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment